Logica Australia – Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles are often associated with short distances and slower speeds. Until recently the idea of electric vehicles as a viable alternative to the combustion engine was dismissed as fantasy. But in the past year battery powered vehicles have started to receive the attention they deserve.
Key challenges impacting electric vehicle rollout include:
- Power generation and distribution companies will need to meet increased energy demands
- Charging network infrastructure will need to be readily available so that electric vehicle owners can enjoy the same convenience as conventional car owners
- Battery and charging systems must be developed to ensure a recharge or reload is quick and convenient
- Strong incentives must be offered to encourage consumers to opt for an electric vehicle
- Financial benefits must be defined so that citizens will consider electric vehicles as a viable alternative to conventional cars